Cloud Platform Engineer
Pandio is a fast growing data engineering firm that provides AI Connectivity for enterprises. We solve our enterprise customers’ data challenges so they can build better AI and ML models. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who can help us take our platform to the next level.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer for Pandio, you will have the opportunity to develop and support innovative software solutions with a small and agile team. Projects will include development of new and existing customer-facing offerings, data acquisition and distillation, SaaS development, Proof of Concept formation and technical/creative input.
We’re looking for a candidate who is excited to develop and implement new technologies; who enjoys a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative team. This position presents the opportunity to work in a critical role in a disruptive and fast-growing startup.
As a globally distributed organization, remote work is our normal. We will provide the tools and technology and you decide the optimum work location to meet your needs.
Our team members are given great amounts of responsibility and trust early in their careers. While they work in teams, they often need to “think on their feet,” use common sense and be flexible to make quick decisions on their own. They have demanding responsibilities so it is essential that they be energetic. They must know themselves very well and a sense of humor is a plus.
We are willing to commit to full time employment on an extended basis to the right candidate.
Desired Characteristics of our Team Members:
- Results driven individual with a strong technical background.
- Perpetual curiosity with an eagerness to learn and understand new concepts.
- Strong communicator; fluent in English, with second language a plus.
- Well organized with a great attention to detail.
- Quick thinkers who can identify potential roadblocks and adjust accordingly.
- 3+ years of software development experience in a production environment
- 7+ years of experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Unix/Linux systems, Internet-based applications, web servers.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL and Postgres
- Experience with GIT or other source code repository
- Experience using third-party API’s including real-time data streams
- BA/BS degree from a top university. BS Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Science, or Math strongly encouraged
- Fluency in Golang
- Experience with data abstraction software such as PrestoDB, Apache Drill
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Azure
- Experience with front end technologies
- Experience with Python
- Distributed messaging experience
- Experience with event-driven architecture using any messaging platform (Pulsar, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Apache Pulsar and/or Apache Kafka experience
- Experience with noSQL databases like Cassandra
- Automate tasks to increase efficiency
- Build out platform infrastructure for unique on-premise requirements
- Monitor system health and proactively recommend optimization solutions
- Architect new solutions and deploy application updates
- Troubleshoot and improve infrastructure in multiple public and private cloud environments
- Continuously simplify, optimize and automate CI/CD processes to further our goal of rapidly improving developer productivity and confidence
- Security compliance and reviews
- Help implement proactive security measures
Competitive Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive salary based on experience, plus stock options
- We pay 100% insurance (medical, vision, and dental)
- Liberal vacation policy
Send resumes to email@example.com or apply on Indeed.
No outside recruiters or headhunters.